Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Spencer's First Day of School

Our cute little first grader leaving the house for his first day of school

Berklee and Spencer arrived at the same time. They were so excited!



Zackary(3rd grade), Ean(2nd grade), Berklee(2nd grade) and Spencer(1st grade).
There are 4 other cousins attending this school as well. I'm glad that they'll all be there together.

Spencer entering his new classroom


Spencer putting his lunch and back pack in their designated areas


Spencer placing his gym shoes in his cubby


Spencer's new teacher, Mrs. Crowson is giving him a name tag for the day.

Well, we made it through the first week of school! Spencer has a wonderful teacher and we're very excited for what the new school year will bring. Even after one week it's been quite an adjustment for him going from 2 and a half days to every day all day. He likes school and loves his teacher, but he's pretty pooped out by the time he gets home. Spencer is very much a home body (like me). I'm sure he'll need a little encouragement for a while but then he'll be used to it. He's already made some new friends and rekindled some friendships from last year. I was a little teary throughout the day after Tyler, Kyle and I dropped him off on that first day, so of course Kyle and I went back and had lunch with him. He was very excited to see us as we were to see him. I miss my little buddy during the day and so does his little brother. So far, Spencer's doing well...I think it's going to be a great year!!

4 comments:

Marcee said...

He looks so cute and big on his first day of first grade! I love that our boys will go to school together for years to come!

The Lyons Family said...

He is so cute! It's such a huge adjustment going from half day to full day, for not only them, but us too. You just need to have another so you aren't so lonely :) Are you guys planning on having more?

Shawny said...

How exciting and scary at the same time, I know I'll fall apart when I take Brody to school. He looks so cute!

Colleen Stutz said...

Spencer looks so grown up. Hard to believe he will be 7 years old. Tell Spencer I think he is very handsome and to work hard in school.