Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Our Lil' Kindergarten Graduate






June 10th was Spencer's last day of Kindergarten. They had a Play Day for the whole school. There were all sorts of things for the kids to do. Games, bubbles, rock climbing (which Kyle also took part in), and relays. I actually went to school with Spencer for the whole day. (I'm having serious Kindergarten with drawls) After the activities were over, everyone went into their classrooms to do their own thing. The two Kindergarten classes joined together back outside for some sidewalk chalk fun. They all loved this and were busy for quite a while. Spencer's class returned to their classroom where Mrs. Mettler read them such a sweet book about the different places they'll go. She reminded them of how nervous they were when they first came to Kindergarten and didn't know anyone. She then assured them that even though they might be nervous when they come to first grade next year, this time there will be some familiar faces and that she was confidant that they were ready to move on. We absolutely LOVE this teacher and we are going to miss her so much. She was so perfect with Spencer. It was sad to say goodbye. I was a little emotional walking him out of school that afternoon. Spencer says he is very ready and excited to start first grade. Now I just have to get myself ready and I have a little over 2 months to prepare.

1 comment:

Marcee said...

That slide show is so cute! I love Kyle climbing the wall... I want a copy of that picture of all our kids at the end of school... How adorable!