Friday, May 9, 2008

TOOTHLESS!!



We started the year off with the excitment of Spencer losing his very first tooth. This normally would have been really great news in the eyes of a 6 year old (especially one who's been waiting to have a loose tooth since his cousin started losing his teeth over 2 years ago) but Spencer's tooth was never even loose....not even a little bit. It was January 2nd in the evening and Tyler was at a meeting. The boys and I were playing in Kyle's room when I noticed Spencer had a hole in his sock. We were all in such silly moods and I stuck my finger in his sock and started to stretch the whole bigger. After a few moments of he and I continuing this little game, Spencer decided he had a better idea. He stuck one end of the sock in his mouth, and continued pulling on the other end. He then left the room for a brief moment while I was playing with Kyle. Spencer walked back into Kyle's room, pointed to his mouth, and said "mommy" (with extreme panic in his voice). Yep...his tooth had been yanked out by a SOCK!! I said "Oh, you lost a tooth" (trying not to panic myself). I picked him up and took him to the bathroom to get a wash cloth for all the blood that was pouring out of his mouth. He took one look in the mirror and totally LOST IT! He kept screaming, "I want it back in" and "I'm not ready yet". After about 30 minutes of drama, I got him to calm down, and we found his tooth. This had to have hurt him because it was the whole tooth, root and all. I called his dentist and he assured me Spencer would be okay, even though we may not see a tooth grow in for a while. In the end, Spencer had his first visit from the "Tooth Fairy", and quite a story to tell.

No comments: